Spring season has been called ‘ The King of all seasons.’ According to Ayurveda the whole year has been divided into six seasons. The duration of each season is two months. As we know Vata, Pitta and Kapha are the base of our health. The diet which we take or any activity that’s done by us affects these Vata, Pitta and Kapha. March and February are the months of this Season. According to Hindu Vikram calendar Phalgun and Chitra are the months of this season. What a pleasant view everywhere during this season ! Really it attracts everybody towards him. Lord Shri Krishna says in Shrimadbhagvadgeeta , ” I am Spring season among all the seasons.” It’s very dear and comfortable for all the human beings. The vista of nature looks very charming during the season since there is a merriment in the gardens, parks and all the creatures. Maximum trees and vines are full of beautiful and colourful flowers. But we are to be very cautious during this season because we may be trapped by some diseases in which there is a role of Kapha.
Vitiation of Kapha becomes naturally during this season and vitiated Kapha which was stored during the Shishira Ritu (Winter season) causes of Agnimandya (loss of digestive fire) . Agnimandya is the cause of almost all the diseases according to Ayurveda. Kaphsa comes in his main place Amashaya (stomach) and results in the following diseases –
- Loss of appetite
- Productive cough
- Sore throat
- Skin problems
- Common cold
Kaphaja Jwara ( A fever in which Kapha is the main cause of it). These diseases may create serious problems to our health, so the following the golden rule ‘ prevention is better than cure’ we must walk with the rules of Ayurveda will help us to be free from all kind of the said disease.
- Taking heavy (pizza, burger, dosa, imarti, raburi etc.) , hard to digest, fatty, sweet thins are the best avoidable during this season.since as we have seen before that digestion power becomes very poor during it.
- Sleeping during the day is also the best avoidable during.
- Very light diet is beneficial such as kidney beans soup, light weighted chapatees , green leafy vegetables, and seasonal fruits etc.
- Ginger 1 teaspoonful, honey 2 teaspoonful and a pinch of turmeric powder in a cup of cow’s warm milk is very beneficial before the sleeping time at night.
- Only fresh and warm food must be taken at the proper time.
- Chewing 10-15 leaves of margosa tree is very beneficial during the last week of March and in the first week of April.
- It helps to check skin problems and fever during the whole year.
- Taking powder of Back myrobalans in the dose of 1 teaspoonful with honey is very beneficial and rejuvenating.
- Gargling with warm water mixing 1/4 teaspoonful of salt, 1/4 teaspoonful of soda bi carb and 1/4 teaspoonful of ash of alum thrice in a day is the best prevention of common cold, cough, sore throat, mild fever, tonsillitis etc.
- Taking the decoction of basil is very very preventive and curative.
- Take basil leaves 11 pieces, black pepper 2 pieces and a pinch of rock salt and dry ginger , boil them with two cups of water till remains 1/4 part and taking half of it in the morning and rest half of at the sleeping time is very beneficial for all the common problems of the season.
- Avoidance of cold wind , cold water, cold drinks etc are very beneficial.
- Taking exercise, practising Yoga, walking and swimming are very favourable during the season .
- Taking diet a little is very good to avoid many uninvited problems.