It is an inflammatory disease related to large intestine . Really it is very troublesome disease , in which patient suffers both physically and mentally. In the lack of proper treatment of diarrhoea it takes its place into the large intestine. There is a beginning of small ulcers in the walls of large intestine. No detection of any organism has been done yet. It is curable in youngsters. If the invasion is limited upto the rectum it is curable but if there is inflammation and ulcers in the maximum part of the large intestine , then it is almost incurable.
- A lot of researches have been done in this direction but the reason of it is still unknown.
- It seems that due to effect of some unknown reason there is an inflammation in the membrane of the large intestine.
- In spite of suffering from diarrhoea taking spicy, oily and hard to digest things.
- It is a chronic disease but sometimes it attacks in an acute state.
- It starts with diarrhoea.
- Abdominal pain.
- Colour of stool is black with blood and mucous.
- Tenderness on the large intestine.
- Fever may be upto 100 F.
- Haemorrhage and perforation.
- Frequently diarrhoea with less stool.
- Weight loss.
- weakness in the body.
- In the chronic stage large intestine seems like a hard pipe.
- Division is done according to the frequency of the stool.
- In the mild cases less than four times, in the moderate four to six and in the severe cases more than six times.
- ESR raised.
- Haemoglobin low.
- Avoidance all those thing which create it.
- Vatsakadi Kashaya ( An Ayurveda Decoction) is very effective in it.
- Goat’s milk is the best diet in it.
- Complete bed rest is very essential in it.
- Juice of pomegranate and Syrup of Wood apple are very beneficial.
- Parpati Kalpa is very effective therapy for the permanent relief.
- Consulting with an Ayurveda expert is very good.