It’s a hundred percent true if we don’t follow the way of Ayurveda , we will have to bear a lot of diseases. Even God does not help them who does not help themselves. As we go far from the nature and embrace fashion which is based on artificiality we invite the diseases to vex us. Today a lot of money is being spent for shining and preventing hair fall. There are a lot of products which claim to remove all the hair related problems, but reality is quite different , as the nature of chemical based products is to give symptomatic relief for a short duration and as we stop the use of them the problem appears with double strength. All kind of shampoos give only a symptomatic relief in this disease but permanent cure becomes a dream. We are going to talk about Dandruff.
Waht is Dandruff ?
Generally scalp is the place of it. It is also a skin disease. There are white flakes on the scalp in it. These may be whitish grey in colour. Itching is an another symptom in it. It is known as Darunaka in Ayurveda . It has been included among 44 Kshudra Rogas (Small diseases) in Sushruta Samhita.
- Lack of proper hair wash.
- Using chemical based shampoos.
- Avoidance of oil massage.
- Excessive intake of sweets, curd, fast food, junk food , wine, drugs, cold things etc.
- Diet which contains opposite items according to Ayurveda.
- Hyperacidity, chronic common cold, menorrhagia and dyspepsia.
- Working in the coal mines , steel industry and chemical industries.
- Using dryers , hair colours dyes.
- Scalp becomes dry.
- There are flakes on the scalp which are whitish grey in colour.
- Falling hair.
- Greying hair.
- Burning sensation.
- After a long period it may cause of a lot of other skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema etc.
- Inferiority complex.
- Avoidance all those possible causes which create it.
- Avoidance of chemical based shampoos, dyes, colours and oils.
- Use lemon juice on the scalp at time of hair wash.
- Use of onion juice with curd locally is very beneficial both for prevention and treatment.
- Use Emblica , soap nuts and shikakai powder in equal quantity to wash hair.
- Take equal part of mango kernel and Terminalia chebula powder and having made paste with milk apply locally.
- Take oil of Azadirachta indica and Pongamia pinnata in equal proportions and having made luke warm add some camphor and use locally is very effective in it.
- For internal medicines consult an Ayurveda expert.