In the very early years of my practice the most of patients used to come to me having almost the same complaints. Burning sensation in the upper part of the stomach. feeling of vomiting , lack of appetite, soured and bitter taste etc .
Then it was the next question by me to the patients , ” How many times do you have tea during a day ” ? They replied , ” Two cups in the morning and the same quantity in the evening our home. If someone offers us then we took easily , thus in this way we have about 8 to 10 cups of tea daily.”
My next question used to be about spicy food and the answer was very funny chillies are our life . These are the chillies with which we take our lunch and dinner easily. They told then that had been very difficult for them to take tea, chillies and spicy food due to hurt burn. Vomiting etc. According to the first rule of Ayurveda treatment I used to advise them to stop all those things which were the cause of that and every that patient who followed my suggestion got about 50 percent relief in the symptoms of the disease.
Have you come to know which is the disease about that I was talking ? Yes, you are absolutely right I am talking about hyperacidity.
In Ayurveda it has been called as Amlapitta . Though in the Charaka and Sushruta the disease has not got any place , yet in Kashyapa Samhita and Madhawa Nidana we may get the description of the disease Amlapitta ( Hyperacidity ). The word Amlpitta is a combination of the two words , in which the first is Amla and the second is pitta. The word Amla (soured like acid) shows the speciality of Pitta . Due to weakness of digestion power pitta turned into extremely acidic form that’s abnormal.
- Taking food in indigestion.
- Taking something without digestion of the previous food.
- Having the things which are opposite to one another according to Ayurveda .
- Excessive intake of wine, soured things, cold drinks, curd, tea, coffee, pies, pizza, burger, very hot things, dry things like poha.
- Excessive intake of liquid things.
- Excessive use of roasted things.
- Generally using pain killers.
- Sleeping just after taking food.
- Taking bath after food.
- Taking soured fruits with milk.
- Usually practising fasts.
- Excessive intake of spicy, fried and salty things.
- Due to lack of proper digestion of carbohydrates fermentation of glucose.
- Increased acidity in the gastric juice.
- Mentally tension.
- Tiredness without exercise.
- Vomiting sensation.
- Heaviness in the body.
- Burning sensation in the upper part of the stomach and throat.
- Belching bitterly and acidic.
- Anorexia ( Though there is hunger yet there is no interest to eat).
- Burning sensation in palms , soles and in the whole body.
- Avoidance of all those things which are narrated in the causes .
- Avoidance of empty stomach.
- Milk is beneficial.
- Using old stored wheat, barley and rice are good.
- Using Sugar candy is also beneficial.
- Bitter, astringent and sweet things are beneficial.
- Pumpkin and a sweet Rasgulla are the best for it.
- Avoidance of new Corp of rice.
- Avoid brinjal, tea, coffee, cold drinks, anger, hot dishes, sunbath, painkillers and all those things which vitiate Pitta.