Leucorrhoea is one of the main problem in females specially in the rural areas. Due to shame they don’t tell anybody about it and bearing it turns into a troublesome disease. There is a white vaginal discharge in it. It may be sticky, greasy, odourless or with foul smell , curd like thick or diluted as milk . It is known as Shwetpradara in Ayurveda . There is a vaginal secretion in every women to make the vagina greasy and wet but it is clear and harmless in the limited volume . If this secretion turns into foul smelling and in a large quantity due to some reasons , is called Leucorrhoea.
Ignorance of it creates many great problems in females. It effects both physically and mentally health. In spite of taking nutritious diet she looses her weight. Her face becomes glow less. There is a burning and itching sensation in the vagina. There may be dark circles under the eyes. She doesn’t want do anything. Due to laziness she can not perform even her routine works. Lack of zeal, restlessness, nausea, headache, polyuria and lumbago may be the symptoms of it.
There is the description of twenty kind of Yonivyapada (Vaginal diseases) in Ayurveda Samhitas (Texts). In many of those there is a symptom of white discharge.
- Excessive intake of hot, pungent, soured , salty, heavy, spicy, fried, wine, meat, curd, cold drinks, fast food, junk food, tea, coffee eggs etc.
- Malnutrition, Unnatural sex, excess of sexual activities, reading vulgar literature , using dirty clothes, hormonal disturbances, amenorrhea etc.
- Mentally tension in marital life.
- Bacterial infection.
- Supressing physical urges.
- Sexual imaginings
- Frequent abortions
- Sexual affairs with the persons who are suffering from sexual transmitted diseases .
- Due to abnormal delivery.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Carcinoma of the any part of the genital organs.
- Constant Vaginal white discharge with pus ,itching, foul smelling, yellowish and sticky.
- Cramps in lower limbs.
- Pain in the pelvic region,.
- Weakness and heaviness in the body. Lumbago.
- Avoidance of all those things which cause it since in the presence of the causes it is totally useless to take any kind of treatment.
- Vaginal cleanliness is very important since it is due to bacterial infection.
- Vaginal wash with decoction of Triphala or bark of acacia is beneficial.
- Consulting an Ayurveda Gynaecologist is very beneficial.
- Using bran rich wheat, pulse of lentils , gram , kidney beans , jack fruit, pumpkin, ginger, fresh coriander, papaya, apples, grapes, pomegranates , plantains , resins , cow’s milk, clarified butter, honey, sugar candy, juice of sugarcane, light diet and living restraint life are beneficial.
- Avoidance of sleeping during the day, awaking till late night, working hard, wandering in sunlight, excessive in taking tea and coffee.
- Avoidance of vinegar, pickles, wine, spicy and fried things, fast food, junk food, potatoes, superfine flour, excess of salt, brinjal, pungent and soured things.
- Avoidance of constipation, reading lustful literature and imaginary sexual thoughts.