May all the creatures of the world feel comfort ! May the whole creatures of the world be healthy! May everyone in the world see welfare and nobody witness sorrow. These are the best wishes for the welfare of the entire world ! But I pray to Creator of the world everyday in the morning , ” O my God ! May all the human being of the world free from diabetes which is one of the worst disease of these days. It’s better for us to follow the hygiene rules of Ayurveda so that we may be out of the reach diabetes , because if once we are trapped by diabetes , it will be almost impossible for us to be free from it permanently . We will have to take medicine throughout the life , with special diet , exercise and practise Yoga. If someone walks along this track he may enjoy his life happily till shining one hundred years but if we don’t use the said tools we can’t be able to save our vision, heart , kidneys & even our lovely life . Diabetes makes hollow the each organ and system of our body. Now let’s know about diabetes.
Among the twenty kind of Pramehas Madhumeha (Diabetes mellitus) is the most dangerous. According to the well-known text of Ayurveda Charaka Samhita the word Prameha is derived from the two words of Samskrit language, Pra means Intense and Meha means Urination. Charaka writes in his text that Prameha is the disease which can’t be cured easily. All the Pramehas convert into Madhumeha (Diabetes mellitus) if they are not treated properly or in the time. In Madhumeha (Diabetes mellitus) patient passes honey like urine (glycoseuria) . There is a notable rising in the incidence of diabetes mellitus all over the world. It is rising with an alarming speed. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder which is related to pancreas . It checks the capacity of carbohydrates and glucose conversing into energy. If the level of blood glucose is above 125 mg per decilitre in a person we may say he may be diabetic .
Causes of Prameha
- Excessive intake of milk, curd and other products of milk like sweets.
- Taking new corn.
- Excessive intake of sugar, jiggery and sweets .
- Excessive intake of meat of animals which dwell in wetland places.
- Enjoying life doing nothing except intake of highly nutritious food in excess.
- Excessive sleep especially during the day.
- Avoiding physical exercise.
- Use of all those means which increase body fat.
All these causes increase Kafa (bio-structural element) Avoidance of proper treatment of Prameha converts it into Madhumeha (diabetes mellitus).
- Polydipsia means excess feeling of thirst
- Polyuria : Going for passing urine again and again. Though It’s very common yet an important symptom of it.
- Polyphegia means excess feeling of hunger
- Poor healing of wounds
- Burning sensation in soles and palms
- Blurred vision
- Suddenly reduction of weight or gaining of it
- Urinary infection
- Tingling sensation in the feet
- Excess sweating
- Glow less face
Prevention :Going along the way it’s very profitable for us that there must be our full construction on the every pace of us so that our foot can not be covered by mud. It’s better to place each pace carefully than washing the mud covered foot . Following these rules of Ayurveda there will be no chance suffering from it.
- Live your life according to Ayurveda hygiene as much as possible.
- Walking 3 to 5 kilometres daily.
- Practising Kapalbhati,Bhastrika and Anulom -Vilom regularly.
- Regular practice of Asanas like Mandukasana, Shasakasana, Koormasana, Sarvangasana, Halasana are very useful.
- Taking water early in the morning is very beneficial.
- Avoidance of all the causes of the disease is the half treatment.
- Use of barley is the most profitable since it gives strength and checks the constipation.
- Take dinner 3 hours before going to bed.
- Avoidance of sweets, milk and products of it.
- Taking your food at your fixed time.
- Walking 10 to 30 minutes after taking food is very favourable in it.
- Taking less fat diet.
- Don’t ignore Un-suppressible urges.
- Avoidance of excess use of tea, coffee and soft drinks.
- Try to be happy in every situation.
In the every stage of it there are three golden formulas which can help you to enjoy a splendour life without any complication of it. 1 Controlling of the diet. 2 Avoidance of causes of it. Following the Ayurveda day -night and seasonal Regimens and hygiene.
Diabetes mellitus is a such kind of disease which can be controlled by the support of Ayurveda and Yoga. A diabetic patient can enjoy his complete span of livelihood without the complications.